17 Jul How To Reverse Ageing Hands
Our hands are often seen as a reflection of our lives: our life path, labour, and age. Although many of us spend a lot of time, energy, and money caring for our facial skin to avoid things like wrinkles and sun damage our hands are often neglected. As we age, we often notice changes in the appearance of our hands including veins, wrinkles, and sun damage. The good news is that at Elysium Skin Centre, we have excellent treatment options to reverse ageing hands.
Are you feeling self-conscious about enlarged and noticeable veins in your hands? We understand that as we age, our hands can be the first place to show tell-tale signs. If you are looking for a treatment that will rejuvenate your hands and bring back your confidence, these options could be worth considering.
- Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy (UGFS) is a non-surgical option using injection that can treat small to medium sized veins. It’s not painful and usually only takes about 30-45 minutes depending on how many veins need to be treated.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation (ELA) is a great treatment for varicose veins and negates the need for surgery. Using laser fibres inserted into the vein, a laser light creates heat, which cauterises the vein allowing it to be re-absorbed naturally. It usually takes about 5-10 minutes per vein so it’s a relatively quick procedure with minimal recovery time.
Wrinkles are typically caused by the contraction and expansion of muscles which stretch the skin and, over time, these wrinkles become more apparent. UV light can also weaken the skin on your hands and impair its flexibility, which also results in wrinkles. Wrinkles and lines are a common sign of age, but if the wrinkles on your hands are bothering you, it is easy to treat them with one of the following procedures.
- Dermal Fillers – Fillers are used to minimise the appearance of wrinkles and creases on hands and replace lost skin volume. They work to provide a refreshed look that is natural and revitalised.
- Fraxel Laser – Fraxel laser treatments induce the replacement of old skin cells with new, significantly reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Genius RF (radiofrequency) – A procedure that heats the skin to promote collagen and elastin growth to tighten and smooth the skin, combating ageing hands.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) – This procedure regenerates your skin cells and improves skin texture, tone, and general health. It boosts your skin’s natural healing mechanisms to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Sun Damaged Hands
It’s rare that people apply sunscreen to their hands, despite the severe impact of sun damage on our hands. Living in sunny Brisbane, our skin is exposed to harsh sunlight and UV rays that damage our skin cells, even in our hands. Sun damage can manifest in several different ways, including wrinkles, scaly skin, actinic keratoses (sunspots), freckles and pigmentation. Some treatment options you may consider for sun damage include:
- Fraxel Laser – As well as wrinkle treatment, Fraxel is a proven laser technology that can reverse some of the signs of sun damage, smoothing your skin tone and evening texture.
- Excel V Laser – This treatment can treat a wide range of sun damage concerns including pigmentation and sun spots. It works on several layers of skin to heal sun damaged hands and reduce visible pigmentation.
- Chemical Peels – Monthly applications of AHAs or TCA peels can improve the appearance of rough sunspots and pigmented age spots.
Do You Want To Reverse Ageing Hands?
Elysium Skin Centre’s Dr Csilla has performed vein, wrinkle, and sun damage treatments for many years. Are you ready to look and feel your best again with revitalised hands?